1. Harvard creates a lightweight exoskeleton suit, giving patients with limited mobility the chance to walk on their own.
2. New biosensor detects neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and cancer, before they occur.
3. Open Bionics designs a new prosthetic arm designed after the video game ‘Deus Ex’, which can be 3D printed from home.
4. CRISPR-Cas9 gene-editing is approved for human trials. This technology comprises of doctors removing cells from patients and editing their properties, allowing them to better fight cancerous cells.
5. Siemens Xprecia Blood Analyzer allows a patient to monitor their own blood levels in seconds, from their own home.