Applications EngineerPOSITION TITLE:
The Applications Engineer is a key member of the sales team, responsible for developing proposals and supporting the Sales Account Managers. Key directives include maintaining and servicing specific customer accounts and responding to requests for quotations in a timely and efficient manner, while delivering the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture.
• Review requests for quotations from customers with the Applications Supervisor.
• Participate in customer RFQ review meetings, either on-site at the customer or in-house
• Prepare cell layout drawings for the various RFQ’s.
• Liaise between mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and assembly manufacturing groups for technical assistance in developing concepts and processes and provide assistance in estimating labor and material costs to meet customer requirements.
• Liaise with suppliers to obtain estimates of major material and equipment costs required for the preparation of budgets and proposals.
• Prepare draft budget and quotation proposals for review with the Applications Supervisor, the Sales Manager and Key Account Managers..
• Carry out work in accordance with work standards and procedures in a timely manner, satisfying commitments and planned milestones.
• Carry out any specific duties assigned by the Applications Supervisor.
• Responsible for the technical coordination of logistics with the customer, the internal
engineering team, suppliers of equipment & services, and other stakeholders involved in the project
• Provide pertinent data to and interface with other project team members in the office and on site
• Prepare equipment layouts.
• Participate in the elaboration of the list and schedule of technical deliverables for the
complete project as well as the corresponding list of interfaces
• Participate in the preparation of RFQ’s and bid evaluations & analysis; installation
supervision and commissioning in remote sites
• Control and manage engineering changes during project execution.
• Write technical specifications.
• Technical follow-up during engineering, procurement & construction.
• Identify technical risks and their impact on the project & mitigate their effects.
• Prepares specifications and estimates costs.
• Provide proactive customer design support for vertically integrated components and complex electro-mechanical assemblies
• Work with internal and external design and technology functions to create unique specifications and applications
• Assist in technical training as required
• Oversee engineering functions of the concept & development phases of a structured product development process for mechanical components
• Collaborate with various subject matter experts to deliver technical solutions to customers
• Maintain good corporate citizen role in support of the Eclipse corporate Vision.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety rules and procedures
• Complete other duties and projects as assigned
• Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Eclipse Automation Inc. Conduct Code
• University Degree or College Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics
• Minimum of five years of experience in the automation manufacturing process along with some exposure to the methods, materials, machines and tools of the trade.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Some knowledge of applicable laws, codes, regulations and their requirements whether provincial or Federal.
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to maintain effective relationships with the customers, suppliers, vendors and general staff.
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft applications and CAD software (SolidWorks).
• Ability to prepare estimates, budgets, status reports and other reporting, as required.