Fitter – WelderPOSITION TITLE:
Fitter – Welder
Fabrication Plant Manager
MAJOR DUTIES:Provide fabricated assemblies with quality welded and cut components within the required timelines. Work with the fabricating personnel and project management team to deliver the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture.
• Layout, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames, bridge parts, and pressure vessels, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements.
• Includes experimental welders who analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan welding operations where procedural information is unavailable.
• Layout, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications.
• Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
• Cuts work piece, using powered saws, Shears, Brake Press etc.
• Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
• Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
• Removes rough spots from work piece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
• Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
• Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
• Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
• Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
• Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
• Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
• Work requires professional verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
• Able to multi-task. Ability to participate in group meetings.
• Must be self-motivated and lead by example with a positive attitude and outlook in the company
• Maintain good corporate citizen role in support of the Eclipse corporate Vision.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety rules and procedures
• Complete other duties and projects as assigned
• Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Eclipse Automation Inc. Conduct Code
• Has successfully completed a Welder’s Certificate.
• Must have up do date GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, , SMAW, certificates.
• 5 years’ work experience in the custom fabrication industry.
• Must have knowledge in types of materials, welding processes, troubleshooting and set-up experience.