Industrial ElectricianPOSITION TITLE:
Electrical Shop Group Leader
Work with the customer and Eclipse Automation Inc. design team and project manager to meet the customer’s requirements. Work with the management and department personnel to deliver the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture.
• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
• Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
• Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
• Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
• Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
• Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
• Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
• May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices
• Keep work areas and benches clean and presentable
• Mentor apprentices
• Travels to customer location for service or install
• Complete all duties and projects as assigned
• Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with Eclipse conduct code
• Take leadership role when running a job
• Adhere to al health and safety rules and procedures
• Available to travel and work overtime when needed
• Understands the importance of remaining professional at all times
• Completed an Apprenticeship in an automation environment and have a Certificate of Qualification for an Industrial Electrician.
• 5 + years in a custom automation facility.
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.